Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ladies and Gentleman, I present George.

George, I suspect (based upon the recommendation of my friend who shall be known for now as Red Kettle)  is a Red-Eared Slider.  I don't know his age, but he is rather young and very adorable.  It seems that he patrols the house boats and marina shore, but nearly always stops by my boat when he hears music.  Today, that station is my favorite station in the world, WMVY from Martha's Vineyard. (wmvy.com).

Although not in his regular diet, (also noted by Red Kettle) Vermont aged cheddar, is clearly his favorite.  It is also the favorite of the myriad of fish that try to steel his cheese.  George is rather punchy and doesn't take lightly to having his cheese stolen, unabashedly chasing fish three or four times his size.

Today, for the first time, George climbed aboard my foot for a late-morning snack.

I think I love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment